Taekwondo is one of the most exciting and powerful and widely practiced martial arts in the world today, and has been a part of the Olympic Games since 2000. It combines combat and self-defence and involves dynamic kicking and hand techniques. Training in Taekwondo is an excellent tool for physical fitness and character development for children and adults.
The philosophy of Taekwondo:
- Respect – Treating others with honor and courtesy
- Discipline – Developing self-control
- Patience – Handling difficulties without complaint
- Focus – Directing attention to a single task or goal
- Integrity – Conducting oneself with honor
The benefits of Taekwondo training include:
- Increasing stamina and coordination;
- Reducing stress and tension;
- Mastering self-defence techniques;
- Losing weight and staying in shape;
- Developing strength, balance and confidence.
The basic techniques including blocks, kicks, punches and other strikes, introducing the forms, sparring, self-defence, weapons techniques, and mental discipline. The training enables students to have a comprehensive understanding of Taekwondo techniques and mastering certain defensive and self-defence capabilities. Theoretically, the course introduces Taekwondo technical principles, practice methods, and rules of the game.Physically, taekwondo develops strength, speed, balance, flexibility, stamina and self-confidence.
The Beginning level- is a comprehensive introductory course for students of all levels and physical ability. No previous experience is necessary and anyone who is over 5 years old is welcome to participate.
The Technique Level- is an advanced course for those will progress to higher level. This course is taught at moderate physical intensity so that all participants can comfortably tailor their training to their own ability and a level that will maximize their enjoyment and progress.
No matter what your age or your fitness level, the CCEC taekwondo course can teach you how to do taekwondo. Welcome to try our taekwondo program free for the first class.